3.03.2005

Believe it or not I fired my therapist to get a dog

Though it may not be the most recommended choice given my depressed mood...I got rid of my new therapist. It just wasn't working.

I was tired of hearing about her friends, her husband and her view that all things bad in my life could be traced directly to racism. Racism...mind you, that she thought was never going to go away and should make people sad and depressed. To which, I must say, I wondered then how the fuck is thinking about it and paying like $100/hour to do so going to help me avoid the major depressive episode that feels like it is lurking in the corner. I had to get away from the woman and it helped that today she bought her totally sweet 120lb dog to our session and I realized I should just buy a dog. I want a Yorkie but have avoided paying the excessive breeding fees, but it occurred to me that for the cost of a few months of therapy I could get the dog.