3.07.2005

the fantastic words of john lydon

so i was watching this movie yesterday, 24 hour party...and i was reading up on some of the bands I love from the 70s and 80s, and I came across a couple of quotes by John Lydon...aka Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols or PIL, which ever you prefer.

The first is relevant considering Michael Jackson's current trial....
On Michael Jackson: "I get censored on TV, but you have that thing parading around, waving its crotch at little children. Tell me that's not seriously corrupt."

So I was thinking about it...and he is right...so John swears a lot...so do I....I like to think about it being in touch with my pirate side....but Michael is just a freak...and no one seemed to think it was appropriate to tell Michael to A) stop touching his crotch and shrieking B) stop touching little kids... B I think is more important.....

On anarchism: "anarchy, frankly -- if you take it quite literally -- is mind games for the middle class. When you come from desperate poverty, and that's exactly what I come from, you know that nonsenses are not to be tolerated. I'm not sure who gains from chaos, but I know it's not the poor folks in the council flats. The politics of vindictiveness is never, ever anything like a solution."

You know the only people I have ever met who support anarchy are spoiled upper middle class kids who are just bored (like myself, but I had other things to do, like read), and who don't realize the consequences. This is pretty true about the historical anarchists too....but I suppose I shouldn't get started about that or this post might go on forver.

But I thought I would share with at least truth today's insights from a pop culture figure...although one of my favorites....