5.19.2005

It's Been A Long Time...

I shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to...Can you spot that hip-hop reference?

In any case, I have been almost continuously on the road since my last post. I gave my last final on May 2nd and left for a trip to see my grandmother and leave my car for the summer on the 3rd. Flew to Cali on the 7th and spent some days with old friends. I am ecstatic to be back on the Left Coast. I don't think I'm cut out to live in Philly. I thought I was doing okay until I got back to the West and realized that I wasn't even inhaling fully in Philly.

Now, however, I am sitting in a hotel room in a city I've never been to before (except to pass through the airport). I am in Loveland, CO--not far from Denver. It's a weird story how I ended up here, but let's start by saying that 24 hours ago I was pretty sure that I was not coming here. Then at the last minute a spot opened up in a class for the hubby and he was like well let's try to get tickets and stuff. Three hours later, we were at the airport. On the cab ride to the airport, we finished reserving a hotel room and the rental car was taken care of my his office manager. Unfortunately, that didn't leave us enough time to pack our camping supplies. But, we did bring hiking boots and day packs so when his class is done on Saturday, we'll stay for a couple more days and go hiking in the Rocky Mountain National Park. That's assuming I learn to breathe at this altitude. When I arrived last night it occurred to me that I've always lived at pretty low altitudes.

Anyway, to justify this trip I've got to write/do any dissertation work at all during the day so I am going back to work.